Friday, August 12, 2005

Remember What the Coal-Mouse Said

My posts have been running long lately, so tonight I'll just leave you with this gem. It should be heeded by anybody concerned about their country and the world, not only in powerful nations, but also in places where their neighbours might be growing up to be terrorists.


The Weight of a Snowflake

"Tell me the weight of a snowflake," a coal-mouse asked a wild dove.

"Nothing more than nothing," was the answer.

"In that case, I must tell you a marvelous story," the coal-mouse said.

"I was standing on a branch of a fir tree, close to its trunk, when it began to snow - not heavily, not a raging blizzard - no, just like a dream, without any wind and without any violence. I counted the snowflakes settling on the twigs and needles of my branch. Their number was exactly 3,741,952. When the 3,741,953rd snowflake dropped on the branch - nothing more than nothing, as you say - the branch broke off."

Having said that, the coal-mouse ran away.

The dove, since Noah's time an authority on the matter, thought about the story for awhile and finally said to himself, "Perhaps there is only one person's voice lacking for peace to come to the world."

- Source unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home