Thursday, September 15, 2005

Blissfully Ignorant

Well, I missed Bush's speech tonight. And I haven't read anything about it yet. So I'm not going to comment on it. And I don't even need to read any blogs, because I already know what they are saying. Those that like Bush will talk about what a wonderful speech it was and how he has things well under control and is doing great things to get the Gulf Coast back to its former glory. And those who don't like Bush will say that he's full of shit. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, and if I had heard his speech I'd probably have serious doubts about his sincerity. I don't generally judge what I haven't seen, but some things are predictable. I was telling a friend the other day that if you look a blogs on the Left and Right, you'll see exactly the same message on both: a) The mainstream media sucks and doesn't tell the real truth. b) The other party is too extreme and our party lacks backbone. c) The courts are out of control. The only contrast is d) Bush is the second coming of Jesus OR Bush is the anti-Christ. I don't have a hate on for the man, just serious questions.

BTW, check this out for some confirmation hearing humour. And written by the Frumster's wife, no less. I think I've used up my quota of links to that family's work. There's nothing more insidious than a charming hack.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaymeister said...

I did read your take on the speech, and I posted a comment there.

BTW, this is off topic, but I have a question about my classification in your blogroll as "Left of Center". I try to be fairminded, and I make an effort to avoid incendiary language, but I think I'm ideologically more left than centre. One of my big complaints about blogs (and I fall into the same trap here) is that we are so hung up on politics and politicians, and insults and ridicule, that we don't spend enough time seriously discussing ideas. I have such a distaste for what I see in politics and online, whether I agree or disagree, that I don't like to give anyone too much reverence, which is why I might come off looking more centrist. But it's your call to make. What I REALLY don't get is your classification of Capital Region as Left. I guess I haven't read enough of it, but all I can see there is tabloid smut and links to Michelle Malkin. I must be missing something. :)

9/16/2005 08:49:00 a.m.  
Blogger Jaymeister said...

Ditto, Lores. And I don't mean for it to sound like I making a big deal of it - it's your blogroll, and you can call it as you see it. But I do appreciate being at the TOP of the list. That's an ego rush.

9/16/2005 03:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home