Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Another Year None the Wiser

It's my birthday and I'll rant if I want to.

I admit that my blogging lately has been a bit erratic. Over the last couple of weeks there have been a few days in which I did not post, and I feel guilty about that. Not that I have to answer to anyone except myself here, but I really wanted to commit to writing every day, even if I had nothing much to say, as an exercise in discipline and as a public diary of sorts. It isn't that my ambition to write has lost steam - far from it. But I must admit that in the last little while it has been a real chore to put something down in black and white, and I've found myself sometimes preferring to pursue other activities. I could write about those things, but they aren't conducive to analysis and discussion. At this point in time I would rather research decorating possibilities for my new condo than read news sites and political blogs. I've mentioned before how I sometimes run into blog fatigue, and I admire the people who can stick with the red meat day in and day out. But lately I've lost my taste for that kind of discourse, and my bullshit metre is pinning. There's a Canadian election coming up next month, and I'll be right into that, but just not yet. There's still a war going on but no meaningful dialogue, because the two sides of the domestic debate might as well be from Jupiter and Saturn. I'm getting a headache from the conflicting polls cited. I'm tiring of the mean-spiritedness and/or closed-mindedness on both sides of the coin. Like most blog participants on both sides, I'm disappointed in the ignorance of the general public. And I'm generally depressed about politics as a whole. I can't even bring myself to watch and ridicule Bill O'Reilly right now. But I'll get over it soon. There's an election to talk about - two actually, including Iraq. I'll have something to say about that soon enough. For now, I think I'll have a piece of cake. This rant is over. Back to the regularly scheduled dead air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home