Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Welcome to My New Location


I've packed my bags and moved to Blogspot.com. As you can see, this page is a whole lot better than what I had before.

Yahoo! 3600 is still in beta testing, and it has a number of shortcomings. For one thing, it doesn't support a number of HTML functions. Whenever I link to an outside site, like Media Matters, I prefer to have it come up in a new window so that my page isn't interrupted. I couldn't do that on my old site. Another big problem was that Yahoo! wants to develop their own virtual community on that page, so ideally Yahoo! members would have their own 3600 page and link it to their e-mail and Messenger functions and create a communications system. This is all well and good, but it is exclusive to the point that only registered Yahoo! members can post comments on the blog. The blog is only a cursory element on the Yahoo! 3600 page as opposed to Blogger where the blog is the thing.

When I first saw Yahoo! 3600 BETA under "More Yahoo! Services" on the Yahoo! home page about a week ago, I clicked on it out of curiosity. I saw that it was a pre-formatted webpage, part of which was a blog. I had thought about starting my own blog for a while, but for some reason just seeing this new Yahoo! feature gave me the impetus to do it. So for that I am grateful. I've re-posted all of my previous entries from the old page with their original time stamps, and now that I'm here I still pledge to post daily, being as disciplined about that as I am about flossing my teeth. Hopefully it won't always be boring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Yeah, I used to be with LiveJournal before I joined Blogger. I love the LJ community, but let's face it, Blogger is more hackable.

7/20/2005 12:09:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home